Cribbage
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
crib at sea

crib at sea
Posted by thecribbb Oct 25 2021 3:08PM

i was in the merchant navy a good while ago. i am from sunderland uk and had never heard of crib. and since leaving hardly seen it again. has anyone else learned it away from home

All over the world
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) Oct 26 2021 10:47PM

It is played all over the world with many tournaments live and online via the ACC website cribbage.org and also with Game Colony they have free tournaments all the time. If you ever come to the states, there are clubs in almost every state.

hi 221
Posted by thecribbb Oct 27 2021 7:43AM

thanks for the reply and thank you for the information i will look it up. i think it was played in some pubs here a long long time ago. when i did see it played thought it was hardest card game ever but once you start playing it not to bad. again thank you and best of luck from the uk.

Crib Nations
Posted by Marroons Nov 20 2021 2:41PM

It seems to me that cribbage is played more in anglo-saxon regions. Of course, there are exceptions e.g. Quebec. This is based on my non scientific observations. On this platform, players are mostly from US, Canada, UK, Australia and NZ, again based on my ohservations.

US Submarines
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) Jan 23 2022 3:59PM

Cribbage is also the official game of the US Navy Submarine Force. A cribbage board is in the wardroom of the oldest attack submarine in service. The board then passes down to the next oldest when that submarine gets retired. The board is in honor of Lt. Dick O'Kane (a WWII Medal of Honor recipient and POW)

GC Store