Cribbage
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
People who invite you to play and then don’t

People who invite you to play and then don’t
Posted by cbmajor5454 (VIP) May 11 2022 4:15PM

This site should Fine people For asking you to play and then not responding when you agree to play them. Quite an annoying Habit some people have.

It is Driven by Ratings
Posted by KyllerB (VIP) May 12 2022 10:26AM

Agreed. I wish GC had a ratings filter upon invite. So, those players would only send an invite to the players that meet their ratings criteria. Less noise for those that do not care about ratings and just want to play.

Rating Filter???
Posted by gjamies1 May 22 2022 11:24AM

Where are you coming from? If you turned up at a club to play cribbage, would you ask your opponent how many games they have won or lost before playing them? The rating system, IMO, is the worst thing on any on line cribbage, people adopt it as thought they are better players by having a high rating. Check out the higher rated players games won and lost, probably no better that a player with a much lower rating, it is only really a guide to a sequence of wins and the rating of the opponent not whether a player is any good or not.

Correct
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) May 26 2022 8:48PM

gjamies1 is correct. Everyone quit worrying about ratings and just have fun playing

Ratings
Posted by gjamies1 May 27 2022 9:23AM

Just for interest, I looked up a player who has a rating over 3000, his/her win loss ratio is 50.4 to 49.6, probably the same as most players on here but the rating is very high. Food for thought over the ratings game lol

School of useless ratings
Posted by KyllerB (VIP) May 31 2022 5:48PM

Gjamies1, we are from the same school, GC ratings are not an accurate measure of cribbage skill. To improve the Invite-All button (and alleviate manually selecting players one at a time) add a filter that sends a table invitation to only players >1700 as an example. This should eliminate the problem of being left on the porch when you do not meet their criteria. Yes, my thought caters to players that love ratings, but would create less noise for those of us that do not. This is the spirit of the original post.

Ratings Filter
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) Jun 1 2022 7:48AM

They tried that many years ago when MSN used to run a cribbage game on line and look where that went. If you make a game elitist, you will loose players and if, as you say use a 1700 as an example, if I am say 1705 and loose I drop down a league? I think not. My own ratings vary from quite recently 1370 all the way t0 just under 1900. I play anyone regardless of ratings and we should all do the same.

Slow
Posted by Napmaster Jul 6 2022 7:37PM

I enjoy playing very much But get annoyed at extremely slow players. Some use the entire clock.

Posted by CribCutee123 Jul 12 2022 7:17PM

I am so tired of this happening. Today, someone invited me to play who had a much higher rating than me. I went to the table and he actually typed "pass" in the comments. I explained that I was much higher on the ladder and it might be worth his while. He did not respond and left me sitting there until I took the hint. Mind you, he had set the table to ladder. What a boring time these people must have just sitting there waiting for their unicorn to come along!

GC Store