Cribbage
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
mini tournament

mini tournament
Posted by SuBMariner (VIP) Jul 22 2024 2:51AM

What action can be taken by TD's while playing in a mini tournament if a player constantly or intentionally disconnects more than 3-5 times during a 1/3 min tourney only to reconnect with with two seconds left from forfeiting then reconnecting with 2-3 seconds left from forfeiting then comes away with the win. Wouldn't this be considered poor sportsmanship and shouldn't the player be held responsible to allow pawn to abort or take the win? Why is no continuity with how many times a player can disconnect? From time to time losing connection happens but when is it considered abuse of the rules on this subject. After three times take the win by opponent should be fair but its not the policy

Unnecessary Delay of a Game
Posted by Pearle Jul 23 2024 9:26AM

Hi SuBMariner, This is a good question. Thank you for submitting it. There are a couple of things a Tournament Director can do. As stated in the rules that ALL TDs post prior to start of a tourney, it says: MISSING IN ACTION: IF YOUR OPPONENT GOES MIA, THE 3 MIN PER ROUND MIA CLOCK WILL START. YOU MUST NOTIFY THE TD IF YOUR OPP IS MIA; and POTENTIAL DISQUALIFICATION FROM TOURNEY CAN BE: UNNECESSARY DELAY OF GAME. If a player goes missing during a match, the opponent must let the TD know so that a clock can be started. The missing player has three (3) minutes to reconnect before they are timed out of the tournament and the opponent advances. If it is a true disconnect from the SERVER, we (the TD's), will receive a computer generated message with a time stamp saying that X player has disconnected. The time starts then. If and when they return, there is another message sent to the TD with the time of reconnection. If it is more than the allowed 3 minutes, the player should be disqualified. If it is an intentional delay by the player, then it is important that the opponent notify the TD to start the clock as we will not receive a generated message. The TD also has the ability to monitor how long a player is taking to make their move and if we see that it is a continual problem, the player can and will be disqualified for an unnecessary delay of a game. In a large tournament with many players/tables, it is hard for a TD to monitor all the moves of all the players so it is important that if a player sees this happening frequently during a game that they communicate this to the Tournament Director so that it can be monitored. Unfortunately, we have a few players who like to use these unsportsmanship tactics and understand how frustrating that can be during a game, so the best I can tell you is to communicate to your TD by either asking them to come to the table to observe (and this usually will help speed up the player who is delaying) or just letting us know that there is a problem. Thanks again for this great question and I hope I have answered your question.

Diaqualification
Posted by Marroons Jul 25 2024 10:19AM

Hi Pearle, By disqualification, do you mean from the tournament where the staling tactic was done or for any future tournaments ? Great question Submariner.

For the current tournament
Posted by Pearle (moderator) Jul 25 2024 12:17PM

Hi Marroons, the player who is deliberately stalling, that can be verified by the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR, will be disqualified from the current tourney they are playing in.

@submariner
Posted by Jack123456789 (VIP) Jul 26 2024 2:20AM

Submariner I believe this is a description of the game we played. For whatever reason, I had to reconnect to peg every card. Eventually after this hand I had to resign. I had to log in and out 3 times just in order to resign! Eventually I was allowed to resign, forfeiting my tickets. This has happened to me before. Believe me, I like to play fast and this was by no means my “tactic” or preference. Rather, a waste of time. This game should be reviewed and our tickets should be refunded.

GC Store