Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
why?

why?
Posted by sammysnuggles Jun 6 2006 9:32AM

played a "competitor" you know who you are in a ladder game they lost 75 pts in first hand suddenley they want to abandon (shock that hey) i refused they then proceeded to spoil the game by taking over the 1 min limit for EVERY MOVE thus meaning 1 1/2 hours to play first to 150

that sucks......
Posted by Mr_Incredible_1975 (VIP) Jun 9 2006 1:08AM

been there done that. that is not only poor sportsmanship but downright rude. there have been times that i start a game and have to leave, for whatever reason, and I NEVER ask for an "abort", especially when I'm losing. I don't want to seem like a poor sport. If I have to leave a game, I resign gracefully and accept the loss. Putting money down on a game, you can't just take that back......how ridiculous to expect the other player to allow it when they have invested not only the money, but the time. What drives me nuts is the people who play the game OUT, and then try to abort when they're losing at the end, after all the time you've put into it. I absolutely refuse to allow that, and hope they will realize that the best way to bow out gracefully is to resign and take their loss. Drawing the game out that way is annoying, like thats supposed to GET you or something. I have had people do that to me too......normally when I start pulling the same trick by taking my whole minute or whatever, they knock it off. They don't like the shoe being on the other foot lol. Have to take the good with the bad people - can't win em all, and as far as some of us are concerned if you play, specially for money, there is not going to be much mercy if you simply don't want to lose your tix.....too bad so sad, I don't like losing mine either but it is part of the game. My advise to the people trying this is don't enter cash tourneys....... You know even when i'm not playing for cash i don't like to abort because of rating....if I have earned a win, I feel like my rating should reflect that. Some people that this stuff way too seriously, bobba - find me sometime in main hall, I'd love to play u :) Have a super day, and don't let this buggers get u down :)

GC Store