Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
do you feel better?

do you feel better?
Posted by solnishko (VIP) Sep 20 2006 11:20AM

Do all the players who say 'gg' after they beat there opponent 150-23 feel better for saying 'gg'? Do you think the player you just beat feels better? Or.. are you "gg' typers just rude?

Absolutely Not!
Posted by wilpat (VIP) Sep 20 2006 3:29PM

Not one single person who says GG after a game is being Rude! Most say that win or lose. There is nothing wrong with saying GG. If you are so thin skinned that that bothers you go somewhere else to play!

Quit crying
Posted by ExactlyOdo (VIP) Sep 20 2006 6:47PM

WOULD YOU BE HAPPIER IF THEY SAID BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME??

we have discussed this topic many times..
Posted by MAB (moderator) Sep 20 2006 8:31PM

I agree with Wilpat that absolutely no GC player says "gg" to be rude. In my opinion and strictly my preference is not to hear "gg" after I'm whipped soundly.. but I understand when someone says that and I know they do not mean to offend. :) When I win by a large margin I say "thx 4 playing" . There are times when I'm beaten that it WAS a good game for both of us. I try to always say "gg" to those who win. Some people say nothing at all and that's fine too. People from all over the world play here and express themselves differently. The main thing is to enjoy our games and have fun, win or lose.

GG IS NOT RUDE
Posted by sam85 (TD) Sep 28 2006 10:49AM

I AGREE WITH WIL AND MAB.THAT IS THE GAME SOME ONE MUST WIN SOME ONE MUST LOSE. SAY GG /OR GL IS JUST GOOD TEAM PLAY BE RUDE NOT TO SAY.LIKE ANY SPORT A SHAKE BEFOR GAME AND AFTER THE GAME. THAT ALL IT IS .JUST A NICE WAY OF SAYING GREAT TO PLAY U .WIN /OR LOSE SAM85 GC BAD BOY

Do you feel better?
Posted by scott2b Oct 14 2006 6:44PM

GG

interesting question...
Posted by fjc1962 (VIP) Nov 4 2006 10:35PM

coming from a player that hits and runs.

hit and run?
Posted by utahma (TD) Dec 9 2006 12:22PM

I'm seeing a lot about "hit and run" in the forum these days - I agree that "gg" is simply a courtesy extended, just like saying "gl" and "ty".......its not a belittling comment, nor usually meant as a rude one. I find more people find you rude when you DON'T say "good game".... As for the hit and run issue, I am all for playing a single game and then going on to another opponent - variety in players and tix amounts and type of game (gin/okie/etc) keeps the game from becoming boring or "blah"......I see NO problem in playing a single game then leaving, there is no promise by ANYONE to play multiple games here at Game Colony just because you join or create a table. :) Gl to you all and thank you to those who DO say "gg" when I play them - I find it refreshing, whether I win or lose or REALLY lose, and I am never offended by such wishes :) UtahMa :)

GC Store