Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
am i under some unspoken obligation?

Posted by Mrs_Incredible_1970 (VIP) Dec 7 2006 4:18PM

i see this happen all the time as I'm in the lobbies, more in rummy it seems, and today I have fallen victim to namecalling, being accused as a "hit and run". I do not understand this concept, as I don't believe that there is a rule (unspoken or NOT) that when I join a table that I have to keep playing more than one game. MANY times I will play one game and leave, regardless of whether I win or lose. I prefer to play a variety of people, different settings, with different TIX amts, rather than sit at the same table with one person. In this particular instance, I had joined a $1 tix game, as it was the only money table with a spot........I always say "hi and gl" and "ty" after a game, as was the case this time. Well, when our game finished I noticed an opening at a $10 tix table - that sounded fun to me, so I left the $1 game for the higher stakes. The person I was playing PMd me to tell me "it is very rude to hit and run." THIS is what I do not understand. I am under NO obligation to stay for more than one round if I don't feel like it, regardless of who wins. And I do not feel like I should be obliged to let people know when I join them that I will only be staying for one game - not a requirement or something. I see this happen too much in the lobby, and players harrass those who leave before the loser gets a chance to win back their money. As far as I know THAT isn't a requirement either. When you play for money, there is NO obligation on the winner to give you a chance to make back what you lost..........those are the chances you take when playing for $tix.....sorry to say. And who knows? Maybe I did this person a favor by not TAKING all their money. I apologized and told them I didn't mean to be rude and they went on to tell me AGAIN how rude I was.....whatever. I am here to play for fun, but on MY terms. I don't normally play multiple games with one person if I can jump from table to table - thats more fun for me, to play different ones and such. Is that so wrong? As far as rude and such, I don't go harrassing all those (and there are MANY) who don't wish me good luck or say hi or bye or thank you. Some people aren't chatty, and I understand that. Anyway, I wanted to see if there is some unspoken rule or something that says I HAVE to play a person more than once, or become a "hit and run" - that seems rather ridiculous to me, being a mature adult who just likes to play cards! Let me know if I'm alone on this.........

You are NOT alone!!
Posted by wilpat (VIP) Dec 8 2006 8:10AM

There is no Unspoken, Spoken, Unwritten, Written or Implied requirement to play more than one game. Win or Lose I rarely play more than one in a row.

I Agree Also
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Dec 8 2006 10:43AM

You are both so right, and the rudeness occurs from the other person abusing anyone that disagrees. Either I haven't run into these players or maybe because I don't read the lobby chat much when playing. :) But I feel no obligation to accept another game win or lose.

ty
Posted by Mrs_Incredible_1970 (VIP) Dec 11 2006 8:39PM

now i dont feel so bad ty !!

hit and run
Posted by zincorange Dec 14 2006 6:56PM

The object of the game is to amass the amount of pts. to end the game and play to keep the other from scoring. So Hey put them to sleep 150-0 and say nice game and quit. To me they'll just be back and you can repeat the process. Of course they are spazzing but so what. IT IS JUST A GAME!

Posted by moomster (VIP) Dec 18 2006 5:06PM

I was so happy to read your message as today I too was accused of hitting and running ...after I offered a second game...then was told everyone talks about me doing that...well I too agree I have no obligation to play more than one game, but if you look at my record I do play people more than one game quite often. I guess that I just will assume this person has a problem with losing and maturity...thanks for writing your comment....it did make me feel better too! Happy Holidays!

I agree - need to play many different players
Posted by Lindika (VIP) Dec 29 2006 3:29PM

I am pretty new to this web site. I have had the pleasure in playing many players of various standards. I recieved a very cutting remark from one particular player who posted "DO NOT PLAY ME EVER AGAIN" - charming! I agree that we are in the game to win and it's good experience to play with as many players as possible. For those that feel they have to be verbally abusive - nothing sadder than a BAD LOSER. For all the winners out there - WELL DONE. Happy Holidays and New Year everyone.

GC Store