Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Gin melds - selecting automatically or manually?

Gin melds - selecting automatically or manually? (answer corrected)
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Jan 20 2007 12:09PM

A gin player asked us in Contact Us: "I went down with four 9s and the 10 J Q of diamonds. I layed off the 8 of diamonds and got the points. Playing gin wit this person in real life he would have put his hand down as 4 nines and I would not have had the lay off. Is there any way for us to ensure the 9 would be included with the other 9s and not the run of diamonds" Here's the answer: Please take a look at <A target=_blank href=/gin_rummy_game_rules.shtml>Gin Rummy Game Rules</a> - last paragraph: It describes two ways to mark gin rummy melds - automatically and manually. "Auto-selection and player selection of melds at knocking". Unless a player uses 'Knocker Selects All Melds' table preference, in case of multiple melds, only the meld with the minimum points gets auto-selected. (Melds are shown as straight vertical or horizontal lines drawn on cards unless the option "Don't Mark Melds" is used.) If a player knocks in a way where multiple meld-wise interpretations of the knock are possible, a player does not have to rely on computer auto-selection of melds. Instead, a player can select (even right before such knock) another Table Preference "knocker selects All Melds". With this option, the player will be in control of how to mark/select melds at knock time.

This topic has been corrected/updated
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Feb 6 2007 11:29AM

This topic has been corrected/updated on Feb 06/2007

GC Store