Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
when the game's over

when the game's over
Posted by Arubahhh (VIP) Feb 11 2007 10:58AM

I know this has discussed before but I want to share my opinion. My opponent knows who they are as it pertains to them as we are unfortunately not allowed to post actual names in here even if this is not defaming anyone. I lost a game in 4 hands in probably a matter of 3 minutes with each hand going no more than 5 cards. Now as disgusting as that is in here, it happens. It shouldnt, but it does. Anyway, I get a typical 'gg' comment. Do me a favor, write 'thanks for playing' or 'sorry i was so lucky'. Don't write good game. Write good game when it is. When it's close, or you earned it, or you actaully used your 'skills' to win. Don't think you are being courteous when you win like that and say gg. Let me see you write gg when its close and you lose and then we'll see what courteous means. Thanks for listening to the vent.

GG or Thanks for playing?
Posted by PEGASUS (moderator) Feb 11 2007 11:58AM

You are right KayRayMary...this topic has been around for years will be for years to come I imagine. I agree that it is irritating to see "gg" used inappropriately, but sometimes the opponent just does it automatically, or doesn't know what else to say. I've learned to just take it with a grain of salt, and try not to do the same myself. For the most part there is no ill will intended and I really try to remember that when all is said and done it's JAG (just a game) and let it go. But it IS good to vent sometimes...hope it helped! :)

GG
Posted by CRIBMONSTER (VIP) Feb 11 2007 3:16PM

I AGREE WHEN I PLAY BADLEY AND LOSE BY AN LARGE SCORE IT HURTS MORE THAN HELPS FOR SOMEONE TO SAY GG WHEN A CHILD COULD HAVE WON. THANK YOU

Something else to add
Posted by kessler351 (VIP) Mar 5 2007 11:23PM

I've never posted before, and I am guilty of GG after a not even close game. I'm not posting the players name, as irritated as I am, but need to say that some players need more tact. I just finished a rather close game, I won...I wouldn't have minded a "gg" comment, but instead I got my first <i>swear / edited</i> just before the player left. As PEGASUS said, it's JAG. But it DOES feel good to vent...lol

GC Store