Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Gin Rummy Limerick Contest ?!

Gin Rummy Limerick Contest ?!
Posted by webmaster Jun 5 2007 1:15PM

A winner in a Cribbage Limerick Contest will be declared shortly - (see in Cribbage Forum <a target=_blank href=http://www.gamecolony.com/cgi-bin/forum.plx?thread=14265>here</a>) Since we liked the idea of the contest, we are hereby announcing a start of a <b>Gin Rummy Limerick Contest</b>. Gin Rummy Limerick Contest will end July 31th, 2007 - Hurry with your entries! GameColony judges will not be sticklers just for precise limerick measurement purity. Innovative & Fun Limericks will get greater number of points than limerics written with just dictionary-dictated precision. So....Go Ahead & Submit Your entries for Gin Rummy Limeric Contest! Prize Awaits The Winner! ---------------------------------------------- For the very 1st entry for Gin Rummy Limerick Contest we are reprinting jonwil's entry: <b>-----------</b> Posted by jonwil (VIP) 5 Jun 2007 10:35am If your cards have all gone "south" & your sportmanship is tested. Its best to not engage mouth, until your brain has rested. <b>-----------</b>

I vote for Jon
Posted by MAB (moderator) Jun 14 2007 5:24PM

What a great limerick..I'm anxious to see what the gin players submit.. hmm I'm thinking on one of my own. GL everyone.

Had to try :)
Posted by Lacey (VIP) Jul 1 2007 10:01AM

Cards are fickle - are they not? Just when you think you're ready to gin The good cards turn bad causing your opponent to grin Decisions decisions - but don't get caught, Someone might think you're stalling even though you're not!

Comparisom of Cribbage and gin limericks :(
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Jul 6 2007 10:19PM

----------- Cribbage limerick contest was great! But we hoped that gin crowd would win And it makes us quite sad To be faced instead With the single limerick in gin :) -------------------------- Remember, the contest will end July 31th, 2007 You still have time to submit your gin rummy limerick entries to win a prize!

Gin Contest
Posted by beachlover1 (VIP) Jul 7 2007 5:22PM

Game Colony has the best gin games. It's fun playing with folks all over the world with different names! The object of the game is of course to win and everybody wants to always gin! But if we can't we try our best To underscore and let luck do all the rest!

my try
Posted by mommyslittlegirls (VIP) Jul 26 2007 6:43AM

here comes the deal i can even wait Im one away from gin Its like a big juicy steak on my plate After 10 draws its not looking good just praying and hoping, could this be my time just to open my eyes and cringe when i see my opponent had once again made a fool of me

My turn, My turn
Posted by medpro (VIP) Jul 26 2007 1:23PM

Gin, Gin, the magical game, the more you play, the more you win. The more you win, the better you feel, So getting that gin is a really big deal.

Gin Rummy Limerick closed
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Aug 1 2007 2:55PM

Thanks everybody for contributing :) Since we had a smaller turn-out than in Cribbage, we decided to reward all the participants with 5 bonus tickets each. Thank you all...

WebMaster, don't penalize Crib players
Posted by lardy100 (VIP) Aug 2 2007 9:57PM

True, the turnout may not have been as active as the Crib partners, but perhaps you might reconsider the award and offer the Crib participants something in return. After all, everyone entered into this contest on the same equal playing field with the same considerations and results. You should either reward everyone for participating or pick one winner, no matter how many participate. The incentive is to be witty and creative, no matter how matter how many particpants there are. Now the question is.......what do you do for the Crib participants who entered into this contest?

All contributors to Gin Limeric contest received the same award
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Aug 2 2007 10:12PM

As opposed to cribbage limerick contest, in gin contest we could not pick a clear winner. Instead, all contributors to Gin Limeric contest received the award that was equaly split between them.

I Applaud All Gin Players
Posted by lardy100 (VIP) Aug 2 2007 10:17PM

I understand. I applaud all Gin players who entered into this contest. Congratulations to one and all.

GC Store