Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
New in Gin Rummy

New in Gin Rummy
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Nov 15 2011 7:12AM

New in Gin Rummy: (1) The new Gin Rummy has BIG CARDS by default if your screen size allows it. Small (old) cards can also be used if the table is sized to be smaller. To change the size of table/cards, 'grab' the table's bottom right corner with a mouse, drag it & then release the mouse button. (Note: while dragging the window, the cards' sizes do not change - they will only change after you release the mouse button) (2) The new Gin also has a VIDEO option (on invitation by opponent at a table) if both sides agree. One opponent issues a video invitation & the other opponent either agrees or not. Video invitation icon-button becomes visible once there are 2 players at the table. Video-chat button is located on the right-hand side above the chat and looks like a video camera. Once 2 opponents are seated at a table, either player can send a video invitation. The opponent would receive a notification for a video invitation and can select either Yes or No. If 'Yes' is selected, a separate video window will appear within seconds. In Internet Explorer, for the video window to appear, you'd need to make sure that Turn Pop-Up Blocker is unselected (in Tools/Internet Options/Privacy). If both opponents have video cameras, they will be able to see each other in a video window & communicate via IM in that window. * If you have a problem displaying cards, please clear Java cache. On Windows: Select Control panel & open Java. Under "General" tab, in "Temporary internet Files" section, select "Settings" and delete files Alternatively, you can use non-Java Windows-based gin rummy available for download <A target=_blank href=/gcbg_ginrummy.shtml><B>HERE</B></a>

new room
Posted by HappyChap (TD) Nov 15 2011 12:22PM

i tried new room for first time today and hated it. the cards were to big and hurt my eyes when trying to focus, when i made cards smaller i could not see the suit of the card just a number so was hard to figure out what cards i was holding.

better
Posted by HappyChap (TD) Nov 15 2011 12:26PM

i just played again in room. i found if i made the room smaller before i pressed start then when i pressed start the cards were same as old room and much better

GC Store