Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?

IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Feb 19 2016 5:03PM

It has been suggested by many TDs that I write regarding a recurring problem in multi-player tournaments. It is the behavior that I find most deplorable and rude! Players who - rather than allow the last score to register and thereby sealing their loss - choose to DISCONNECT. During tournament play this holds up the entire tournament while everyone waits the full five minutes to resume play. On occasion it is a new player who may not realize what a problem they have created by their hasty exit. However, you seasoned players know better! It really is the rudest of all behaviors and you will NEVER see me PARTICIPATE IN IT! Yet I am frequently abused by it. Any chance ADMIN can start penalizing repeaters so they stop? If we can't figure out how to stop them is the answer that I join them? I should hope not.

Posted by virgil_4 (VIP) Feb 20 2016 9:21PM

Well said!

I don't think players realize .....
Posted by Pearle (moderator) Feb 22 2016 7:55AM

I don't think players realize the ramifications this can have, especially when playing in a tourney. One player holding up the tourney has a domino affect and can make a tourney take a long time to complete because one player has bad sportsmanship and won't acknowledge that they lost. This wait can make the TD late for their next tourney and can cause a player to miss out on the opportunity to play in the next tourney. Please be considerate to everyone ... yes, we all win some and we all lose some, but hopefully your mother (or father) taught you how to be a good loser and show good sportsmanship. Thanks for your post Lady!

Posted by MahoganyLesPaul Feb 24 2016 2:38AM

Just happened to me, lol, yes, not good sportsmanship. :)

Posted by eg75218 (VIP) Feb 25 2016 5:29PM

There are a few repeat offenders that exhibit this behavior, and it has happened to me repeatedly by two or three regular gin tourney players. I'm sure the admin can warn and eventually penalize the serial offenders, or at least I hope they look at this.

GC Store