Spades
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
GETTING HEATED IN HERE

GETTING HEATED IN HERE
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) May 28 2014 6:45PM

So, finally the room has come alive. Peeps are using the challenge area as it is designed to be used. This is a good thing. So, I may just stick around and set an occasional quirky table just to keep things spicy. Join me, but no whining allowed :P

Getting Heated in Here
Posted by JustChillBabe (VIP) May 29 2014 11:08AM

Just for the record, I like it spicy and hot.

LOW PROFILE NOT MY STYLE
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Jul 20 2014 12:56AM

I inherited first place on the ladder by default of not finishing in the top ten last month. I have, as most have experienced, taken to playing a 100 pt no bags table. Some have complained that it puts the game to shame since there is usually only two hands played to determine the winner. However, you would be surprised how many times a tie occurs and it comes down to a sudden death third hand. I have learned to bid way more carefully and not just wishful stinkin thinkin bidding. My games are fast and no one has had to wait long to be able to play me. I play any and everyone who joins my table. I play my challenges in a timely manner and adhere to all the nuances of ladder play. I do not run "tight" with any players and really resent whiners saying so. If there is something else I need to be doing to make this a fun environment to hang in, please feel free to respond. KK?

Well said
Posted by MidnightGhost (VIP) Jul 26 2014 2:48PM

There is a lot of truth in what you said as you do play anyone and your games are quick. The 100pt no bags game has less skill than using bags and makes it a highest card win format. In our recent game, you had no chance with the hand I drew and I did not need to worry taking bags as there is no penatly so I bid the 10 and game was over. A number of elements are removed when you play such a short game and even a longer game with no bags misses part of the challenges of what spades can be. It then becomes more "luck of the draw". Nothing is quicker but skill is minor with this setting.

AMEN!!!
Posted by cradlelazy (VIP) Jan 31 2016 12:48PM

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER STARFORCE49. NO BAGS IS A SETTING THAT REQUIRES ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL!!!

GC Store